The idea of having a perfect sod installation for your front yard or dreamlike landscaping is a deep-rooted desire for every homeowner. After swiping through catalogs, surfing on online boards, and seeing masterful examples yourself, you’re convinced that a lush, green lawn is the necessary touch to make your home even more beautiful. Whether you’ve got a small plot of land that needs to see some progress or an ample space with much room to thrive, there’s no better time to work on your landscaping than today. Traditionally speaking, embarking on a project of bringing a dream garden to life entails working with grass seed for a standard empty lot that needs much work. And there’s one method that a growing number of people are pursuing because of the slated benefits: Sod Installation.
The Basics of Sod Installation
In recent years, a surge in sod installation services has paved the way for homeowners of all kinds. As someone who aspires to breathe life into your home and help it look as impressive as possible, this is well worth looking into. To best understand what is involved during the process in question (and what you can stand to enjoy from it), here’s a quick rundown of everything you need to know about installing sod:
What Is Sod?
Sod is a section of grown grass bound together by a root system or a thin layer of any other biodegradable material. Alternatively known as turf grass, this resource can be used to instantly transform the look and feel of landscaping areas in residential and commercial applications!
Why Is Sod Installation Beneficial?
One of the biggest issues that property owners faced over the years when improving their gardens was that installing grass brought three common issues:
- A greater degree of difficulty
- An increased amount of time spent
- Significantly high costs
Because of these hurdles, many were hindered from creating the luscious, green gardens that they dreamed of for their residential or commercial spaces. However, with the rise of sod installation, there is now a much more affordable way to achieve such an effect.
What Goes On During a Sod Installation Project?
At this point, you might be curious about what is going to take place once you enlist the services of a sod installation professional like us to transform your space. To give you a better idea of what your space will go through once a team of experts gets to work, here’s a quick rundown of the most significant steps involved in the process:
- Grading: During the beginning of a sod installation process, a hired professional will excavate and remove existing vegetation to set a foundation for installed sod. With this process, you can expect to have your old vegetation recycled and your soil nursed back to good health with a high-powered tiller that will re-oxygenate it.
- Cutting and Installation: Much like laying tiles down, sod is installed by cutting and arranging it to cover every square centimeter of space on a surface. Thanks to this process, it is much easier to expect a precise effect with grass that can be used to perfectly fit any concrete area, landscape bed, sidewalk, or driveway!
- Watering: After the sod is installed, the last part of the process is watering. Throughout this process, an expert will guide you through all the steps that you need to follow when setting up your sprinkler system while handling the initial irrigation to help your new grass set in right.
When it comes to outfitting your residential or commercial area with luscious, green patches of grass that will help bring the best out of its appearance, you can never go wrong with sod installation. Through the help of this upgrade, it will be much easier to attain the best look without the risk of experiencing troubles associated with traditional approaches. Clear Cut Group is here for you if you’re looking for sod installation services. Contact us today for a free consultation.